WELCOME! Open Your Optum Bank HSA Now
Thank you for choosing to open your Health Savings Account
(HSA) with Optum BankSM Member FDIC.
You are about to complete an application for a Health
Savings Account. By continuing, you understand that you will be
entering into a legally binding agreement with Optum Bank.
You will have the ability to cancel your application at any time
before the final screen.
The online application takes approximately 10
minutes to complete. Once you begin the process, you
must complete it before you log off. If you log off before you've
completed the process, none of your information will be
Qualifying for an HSA
Optum Bank HSAs are FDIC insured bank accounts that you can use to pay for
qualified medical expenses for yourself and your covered dependents tax
free. To be an eligible individual and qualify for an HSA, you
must meet the following requirements, as defined by the IRS:
- You must be covered under a high deductible health plan (HDHP) on the first day of the month.
- You have no other health coverage except what is permitted by the IRS.
- You are not enrolled in Medicare.
- You cannot be claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return.
See IRS Publication 969 for more information.
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED:
Please download Adobe Reader if
it is not installed on your machine. This would enable you to
read the help files as well as the terms & conditions files.
To complete the application process, please have the
following information handy:
- Your Social Security Number
- A valid e-mail address
- Your Medical ID card containing your Group/Employer #
(unless you are not enrolling as part of an employer group)
- Primary identification, such as a driver's license,
passport, or government issued ID